Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Stunning Aspen Home

David-easton-Veranda-4_thumb2


Last Spring when we were in Aspen I was flipping through a wonderful local, mountain magazine and spied the most incredible home. Built by a Connecticut couple, it was not your typical heavy, dark wood and stone fireplace mountain retreat. Designed and decorated by the famous David Easton, I immediately tore out the pages to keep in my inspiration file. Fast forward to September and again I spy the same beautiful retreat. I am even more smitten with new images in Veranda Magazine. Of course this house is worthy of 10 magazine shoots so I wanted to share it with you in case you missed it.


David-easton-Veranda-1_thumb2


The entry is stunning! All the wood in the home was limed, brushed to bring up the grain, and then washed in a pale gray and antique glaze. The effect is a lighter Scandinavian feeling – and it is a stunning change from the usual mountain décor.


David-Easton-Veranda-3_thumb9


The dining area is beautiful. Notice the gorgeous hand painted wallpaper; it was carefully recreated from a palace in Stockholm. The crystal chandelier adds just the perfect amount of elegance and sparkle and the limestone fireplace completes the room.


David-easton-Veranda-4_thumb1


The Great room is a stunning mix of soft blues, creams and taupes. The view is as spectacular as the room décor. David Easton reminds us how to design a room where the decor compliments rather than competes with the view. Very few designers could orchestrate this as masterfully as Easton. This room is breathtaking.


David-Easton-Veranda-2_thumb4


In the library we see a better close up of the wood tones.This particular room has been an inspiration for me in my home. I am in the process of creating a room with a very similar feeling in the near future so stay tuned.


David-Easton-Veranda-6_thumb1


The master bedroom is another spectacular space. The iron bed, Chelsea textile linens, antique rug and limestone fireplace just make me swoon. What do you think readers – would you love to ski all day on the mountains of Aspen and then return to this gorgeous home. I am not sure I would ever even get to slopes!


David-Easton-book_thumb1


I own and love Easton’s book Timeless Elegance. You can order it HERE. To see more of David Easton’s work click HERE.


(All content property of Willow Décor and not be copied with out permission – Photos: Laura Resen/Veranda)

No comments:

Post a Comment